Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith

I have been a fan for quite a while. I have seen most of the movies that he has driected. I find them to be funny and quite often moving. My favorites are Dogma Clerks and Clerks II the rest are good dont get me worng but those are my favs. The best of the rest Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Copout, Vulgar. Kevin has been in a few movies as an actor as well Besides playing Silent Bob. The only one i seen was Live Free or Die Hard. He was in catch and release and now you know and had a cameo in Scream three.

It wasnt untill a few years ago that i knew he was a comic writer. It was his three part Batman comic titled Cacophony that got me back into comics. I still need to find some of his older work. I found out later that the villin that is in Cacophony Onomatopoeia was introduced (by Kevin) in a Green Arrow comic called sounds of violence. The only comics writen by Kevin I have read so Far are Batman Cacophony Batman The Widening Gyre (the first Half) he first six issues of The Green Hornet, Daredevil Gardian devil. I need to find and read Green Arrow Quvier,The Green Arrow Sounds of Violence, Spiderman The Evil That Men Do, also when they come out the second half of Batman The Widening Gyre and how ever far his Green Hornet story continues and if i can find the the View Askiew comics.

It wasnt till around six months ago that I found out what SModcast is. Its like podcast but called SModcast its the first letter of the two that talk on it. Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier. It is quite funny most of the time. I was kinda shocked how he doesnt hold anything back about his personal private life. He uses himself to get a laugh. The talks can be about what movies he has seen recently to what his dogs have been up to. Its all good fun.

3 comments:

  1. I liked Jersey Girl the best, but kinda sak...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't care much for Smith's comics work until I read Batman Cacophony. I posted a review of it on my blog a few months ago, so feel free to check it out: http://with-great-power.blogspot.com/2010/05/batman-cacophony.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thanks for comment i am checking out your review right now and i am going to follow you what did you think of Batman The Widening Gyre? Did you read it? If not you should.

    ReplyDelete